Child Death Overview PanelsReviewing all child deaths in Greater Manchester.
- CDOP Contacts – contact details of the four CDOP Chairs and Panel Managers.
Child Death Overview Panels, on behalf of their respective LSCBs collect and review information about each child death with a view to identifying:
- Any case giving rise to the need for a review mentioned in Regulation 5(1)(e) of the Local Safeguarding Children Board Regulations 2006;
- Any matters of concern affecting the safety and welfare of children in the area of the authority; and
- Any wider public health or safety concerns arising from a particular death or from a pattern of deaths in that area
Four CDOPs cover all of Greater Manchester. All collect data in a common format to allow sharing of information in order to build a picture of emerging themes and patterns across the sub-region. The findings from child deaths is used to inform local strategic planning on how to best safeguard and reduce harm in children and to promote better outcomes for our children in the future. Data is also returned annually to the DfE to inform the national picture.
There are 4 Greater Manchester CDOPs. Their Annual Reports will be uploaded here as and when they become available.
- Bolton, Salford & Wigan CDOP Annual Report 2014-15
- Manchester CDOP Annual report 2014-15
- Bury, Rochdale & Oldham CDOP Annual Report 2014-15
- Stockport, Tameside & Trafford CDOP Annual Report 2014-15
In addition, since 2012 the GM Safeguarding Partnership has commissioned a Greater Manchester-wide report as it is hoped the analysis of a larger dataset will more easily enable trends to be spotted and gaps in data collection to be highlighted.
- Greater Manchester CDOP Annual Report 2014/15
- Greater Manchester CDOP Annual Report 2013/14
- Greater Manchester CDOP Annual Report 2012/13
Safe Sleep guidance – The Lullaby Trust offer this poster and leaflet. Many more are available at the Lullaby Trust website.