Reporting Your Concerns

Important contact information if you are concerned about a child, or if you are a child and want to speak to someone.

Are you concerned about a child?

If a child or young person is in immediate danger dial 999 to speak to police.

If you are worried about the welfare of a child aged 17 or under contact your local Children’s Services Referral Centre.

The Children’s Services Referral Centres are the first point of call to social care and children’s services about new and potential concerns.

Some Referral Centres will also give you advice on what to do if the issue is not appropriate for Social Care to become involved but there are other teams and services who might be able to support the family/child.

If you have a concern during out of office hours, you should contact the local Out of Hours Duty Officer.

Members of the public can also call the NSPCC helpline.

Are you a child who wants to talk to someone?

Call Childline for free on 0800 1111.